Netechbulls design training module for VM. VM stand for virtual machines.
Cloud and Virtualization Concepts. … Virtual Cloud Network – Core Technical Skills. Digital Workspace – Core Technical Skills. Academic VMware vSphere Install, Configure, Manage. Academic VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale.
VMware Certified Associate (VCA) is an entry level certification that caters to the VMware cloud and virtualisation products. The certification includes categories namely Cloud Management and Automation, Data Center Virtualization, Desktop and Mobility, and Network Virtualization.
VMware Course Contents
- Fundamentals, basics, introductionIntro to VMware and its components (esxi, vsphere, vcenter server, vc appliance, vsphere client etc.)Features of VMware vsphereInstalling vsphere components& explain how vsphere interacts with memory, storage, network and CPUExplain concepts of server, network and storage virtualization and how to use DCUI, host client & skylineDescribe where and how vSphere fits into cloud architect and software defined datacenter
- Create virtual machines, vcenter server, vcenter applianceIntroduce virtual machines, virtual machine hardware and virtual machine files and components to make a vmDeploying, commissioning and decommissioning virtual machine, installation & importance of vmware toolsNecessary precautions before commissioning and decommissioning a virtual machine in production environmentIntroduce vcenter server architecture and vcenter appliance and how they communicate with Esxi hostsConfigure and manage vcenter server appliance and identify the parts of a container systemManage vcenter server inventory, objects and licenses, add datacentre, objects and hosts to vcenter server
- Configure and manage virtual networksDescribe, create & manage a standard and a distributed virtual switch, creating vmkernel portsDescribe and modify a standard and distributed virtual switch properties, port groups, sizing switchesDescribe virtual switch connection typesConfigure virtual switch load balancing algorithms, traffic shaping and virtual switch security
- Configure and Manage Virtual StorageIntroduce storage protocols and device names/types and concept of storage virtualizationConfigre Esxi with iScsi, NFS and fibre channel storage; how to securely add and remove LUN in productionCreate and manage vsphere datastores (i.e. vmfs, nfs etc) and how multipathing works with iscsi, nfs and focDeploy and manage vsphere storage appliance and vsan configuration
- Virtual Machine ManagementDeploy virtual machines using templates, images and clonings (template vs image vs clone???)Modify and manage virtual machines, create content library and deploy vm using templates in libraryCreate and manage virtual machine snapshots and customize specific files to customize a new vmPerform vmotion and svmotion and describe enhanced vmotion compatibility featureCreate a vsphere app; OVF & OVA; features and functions of vsphere replication
- Data protectionDiscuss strategies for backing up Esxi hosts and vcenter server/applianceIntroduce vmware data recovery appliance; describe benefits of vsphere storage apis – data protectionDiscuss solutions for backing up virtual machines efficiently
- Access and authentication controlBind with LDAP and AD, control user access through roles and permissions on esxi and vcenter inventory, objectsConfigure and manage Esxi FirewallConfigure Esxi lockdown mode
- Introduction to Vmware Vshield ZoneResource Management and monitoring, monitor vcenter server/appliance tasks, events and healthIntroduce virtual CPU and memory concepts, methods to optimize cpu & memory usage; what is overcommitmentConfigure and manage resource poolsMonitor resource usage with vcenter server performance graphs and alarms and also using various tools
- High availability and Fault ToleranceIntroduce Vsphere HA, configure and manage HA clusterIntroduce FT and difference between FT & HA and when to use which
- vSphere ClustersDescribe functions of vsphere DRS clusters and create a DRS cluster and a SDRS clusterMonitor vsphere cluster configuration using various toolsDescribe the function of vsphere cluster serviceCreate, test and disable an affinity/ anti-affinity ruleCreate, test and disable a virtual machine to host affinity rule
- vSphere Lifecycle ManagementRecognize the importance of vcenter server update plannerDescribe how vmware vsphere lifecycle manager worksDescribe how to update esxi hosts using baselinesValidate esxi host compliance using a cluster imageDescribe how to upgrade vmware tools and vm hardwareDescribe vmware vsphere lifecycle manager and vmware vsan integration
- Monitoring and TroubleshootingDay to day activities performed by datacentre admin and his responsibilitiesTroubleshooting of vmsHost connection issuesDisk consolidationCPU / Memory alertsHardware FailurePSOD HostHA / FT issuesVM migration issuesCreate and read logs
- Important Misc ActivitiesHost upgradationData Center migrationP2V conversion and migrationBoot from SAN / HBA cardCreate hosts profiles for Esxi HostsPSC loadbalancingEsxi forgotten password recovery/ crackingVrealize automationVM Tools upgradeZombie disk cleanupCV preparation/ interview questions
#OFFICE ADD:NM-28, Basement, Old DLF Sector-14,Gurgaon, Haryana 122001….